Malin Hjärtström - Help Included
Malin Hjärtström - Help Included #1
Describe the idea:
With a fast-changing Swedish language and higher demands of using inclusive language, it is hard to keep up with the vocabulary. Help Included is an easy-to-use tool to make written communication more inclusive. Simply upload a text to the web page and it will mark potentially excluding words, while providing an explanation to why a certain word could be a better, more inclusive fit.
Who are you? Previous education/jobs/ experiences etc.
I grew up in an environment where language and its meaning has been of great importance since both my parents worked with the Swedish language; in teaching and in language cultivation. I’ve spent two years studying Gender Studies and Political Science, getting more and more interested in equality and how the words we use affect the world around us. Since 2016, I’m studying Biomedical Engineering at Faculty of Engineering, LTH.
What will you do during these three months? How will you spend the time?
- Further explore the market by releasing a demo version of the web page
- Continue to perform qualitative interviews with potential customer groups
- Establish contact with professionals with legitimate knowledge of inclusive language to develop the glossary
- Search for companies that are interested in the product
- Market the product in social media to further evaluate the concept
What do you expect to achieve during Leapfrogs?
- To compile the first version of the glossary
- To launch a prototype of the web page
- To have my first users and get feedback to continue to develop the web page
- To broaden my network and develop customer relations
- To evaluate the concept in general